As we come to the end of our Biggest Loser Challenge it is important to remember why we decided to participate initially and where we want to go from here. Although the focus may be removed as the challenge is over, there are many reasons for each of us individually to continue the focus on ourselves.
Here are some thoughts on how to maintain that focus:
- Exercise at least an hour a day, almost every day
- Follow a low-fat, low-sugar, low-calorie diet
- Eat more or less the same foods every day
- Minimize TV watching
- Eat breakfast
Remember that 5-10 percent weight loss offers substantial health benefits.
Other thoughts for continued success include:
- Weigh yourself regularly – this will keep you ahead of any of those ‘creeping’ pounds
- Plan your meals – small changes to a meal makes it interesting and one will not get bored with their meal choices – change of dressing and fruit and vegetables to compliment a chicken breast make great meals
- Make a list before you shop
- Focus on process, not outcome – processes are the most important to maintain
- Drink lots of water – remind yourself between meals of your focus
- Eat the same number of meals a day, regardless of how many meals you eat – a regular schedule will keep you from overindulging if you don’t follow this schedule
- Include fruits, vegetables and/or lean protein in every meal
- Follow a consistent exercise routine – find what is comfortable for you and maintain this focus – goals are important
- Think like a winner – you can do this and YOU are a WINNER!!
- Reward yourself – after striving for a goal reward yourself for achieving it, just make sure this reward isn’t food. After all you are trying to lose weight, not gain it.
- Remind yourself why you are on this journey – post a picture on the refrigerator to remind you why this journey is important to you
- NEVER forget your accomplishments, self-preservation goes a long way!!