Happy April! This week we will focus on occupational health and safety. Did you know that 4,405 workers were killed in 2013 on the job? Although this may seem high, this number is actually the lowest total since the fatal injury census was first conducted. (1) Construction rated the highest industry in these deaths. How can you and your work place keep you safe?
These are some ways you can stay safe and keep that statistic low:
- Lift things carefully
- Position equipment to fit your body
- Take little breaks and stretch
- Wear equipment that protects you
- Ask your boss about health resources
- Get ample amounts of sleep
- Eat a healthy diet and be active
- Watch your stress level (2)
Remember to use common sense when it comes to work safety and hazards. Stay safe. Tune in next week for a blog on taking care of your eyes.
If you’re an office worker and would like some tips on how to keep a good posture throughout the day, check out the Cerner Monthly Newsletter on our Personal HealthConnect member’s portal.
Leave a Reply